In this final week of sharing proposed Building a Better Future, Phase II projects by area, we’re heading to Maple Grove. Critical school building needs would additionally be addressed at Maple Grove Senior High School, Maple Grove Middle School and area elementary schools if the Nov. 7 ballot question is approved by voters.
Proposed projects for all Maple Grove schools within the district:
- Adding additional safety and security enhancements.
- Updating classrooms to accommodate varied learning needs, including special education, gifted/talented and multilingual learner needs.
- Updating classrooms and common areas with new furniture and flexible learning spaces.
- Modernizing library media centers to better support teaching and learning needs.
Additionally proposed projects at Maple Grove Senior High School:
- Enhancing the security features at the school’s main entrance (to reach district safety/security standards).
- Due to rapid growth and development, classroom and cafeteria additions are proposed. This would reduce overcrowding and the number of students throughout the district who would need to move schools to address space constraints.
- Expanding and modernizing career and technical education learning spaces.
Additionally proposed projects at Maple Grove Middle School and area elementary schools:
- Due to rapid growth and development, an elementary school in northwest Maple Grove is proposed. This would reduce overcrowding and the number of students throughout the district who would need to move schools to address space constraints.
- Expanding and modernizing science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM) spaces at magnet schools (Brooklyn Middle STEAM School, Birch Grove School for the Arts, Weaver Lake: A Science Math & Technology School and Zanewood Community: A STEAM School).
- Adding an outdoor classroom to elementary and middle schools currently without such a space.
Learn more by attending a Community Informational Meeting at Osseo Senior High School at 6 p.m. on Oct. 3 or Maple Grove Senior High School at 6 p.m. on Oct. 11. Additional details, including answers to frequently asked questions, are at district279.org/BetterFuture. You can also reach out to BetterFuture@district279.org or 763-391-8990 for further assistance.